1. Why do you think there are geraniums in the yard of the Ewell house?
Study Guide Questions:
1. Why does Atticus ask whether anyone called for a doctor? Why is this important?
2. Describe Mayella’s injuries.
3. Where do the Ewells live? Describe their home and living conditions.
4. Why do you think the Ewells eat squirrel, possum, and rabbit?
5. Summarize Bob Ewell’s interpretation of the incident.
6. Why does Atticus ask Ewell to write his name?
7. What do you think Jem realizes when he pounds the rail and says, “We’ve got him”?
8. What does Scout mean when she says, “I thought Jem was counting his chickens”?